By default SharePoint 2013 doesn’t have a breadcrumb (like the 2010 version used to have). This was a very helpful feature to navigate back in your site and some users really miss it.
The good news is Microsoft didn’t remove it from SharePoint 2013, it’s just hidden in the Seattle master page.
To get it back working, you can follow these steps:
- Open your site with SharePoint designer
- Navigate to All Files -> _catalogs -> master page
- Edit the Seattle.master in advanced mode and copy all the code
- By default it’s not possible to edit the original master. To create a new one click on File -> Blank Master Page
- Check out the new master, edit it in advanced mode, delete all the existent code and paste the one from the original Seattle
- Search for